Thursday, 24 February 2011

orphaned and re-found . . .


These cdv are from a small album I bought recently.  This particular album I suspect is not with its original photos, as there doesn't appear to be any continuity in either the people in the photos, the date range or the locations.  I would think 'Lizzie Ireen' is the baby, though impossible to trace without some more information.

I really like the designs of the backmarks, but I wish they had recorded name and date in addition to their reference number.

2 comments:

  1. When I see that tight clothing and the assumed corset underneath I feel short of breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If someone lived on Cheapside Street wouldn't that be somewhat of a stigma?

    Although Lizzie Ireen looks alive have you heard of the practice called mourning portraits that was fashionable at this time?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...