Thursday, 24 March 2011

the guard . . .

another of the orphaned photos, my first thought was that this is at Edinburgh Castle, but I don't know if they have guards there, otherwise I'm thinking Windsor Castle, but I don't know for sure.  This bundle of photos has quite a few castles and after some considerable time googling and flickr-ing, I realised how difficult it is to identify castles that you personally have never visited and how many castles there are.  Date - I would think 1960s.  I like the detail of the lady just caught in the frame with her headscarf draped over her handbag.

3 comments:

  1. I think there's a message here for you. It's time for your worldwide tour of castles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having never been to Windsor I can't say, but I think Edinburgh Castle had Scottish attired guards i.e. kilts! I agree with the above comment in that you should go out and find this spot to verify the location!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that all of the bystanders appear entralled by the guard suggests to me that perhaps this is not his usual beat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...