Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Kate and May

written on the reverse:
Kate Martin
May Bennett

I presume Kate and May are the little girls, and that they may be cousins as they look very close in age.  I think the lady is possibly their grandmother, but I don't know.  I did a bit of hunting around, but haven't been able to find out anything more about them.

Edit: I was thinking this was late Edwardian, maybe a little later.  I got the photo in a small antique shop and as there wasn't much paper stuff (which will have come from house clearances), then probably most of the bits and pieces were from the same place, so I thought the lady's name was possibly Beatrice Martin, judging by other postcards addressed to her (which I didn't buy and the surname repeating on this photo), but I haven't had any joy so far in finding the family.  The girl on the right is holding a doll, the other girl looks to be holding a toy cat (or similar).  I did make out that were tulips on the window sill.

1 comment:

  1. Kate and May are fading into obscurity. Can you tell what they are holding in their hands, and what the date might be?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...