Friday, 8 April 2011

'Nora, Bob, Me, Eric'

Nora is the young lady in the uniform, and the boys look like twins.  I don't know the other lady's name, who I think is the boys' mother.  This photo is one of my favourites, I think it contains so many stories, yet so many unknowns too.  It's probably 1939/1940 and they look like they may have been to see someone off, that could be a bus station or entrance to a railway station behind them.  I wonder if the twins would have been evacuated later on the war, depending where they lived.  They look very sweet in their matching coats and berets and holding hands really tightly.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pea coats on the boys, and we won't talk about the berets! This does look like an entrance to some sort of transportation place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...