Sunday, 25 September 2011

Sunday Stamps - Africa

For this week's theme of Africa, I was a bit spoilt for choice . . . here's what I chose . . .

This cover sent from Egypt to East Germany in 1964 has 7 stamps from the series depicting the flags of the 13 Arab countries - 2nd Arab League Heads of State, issued Sept 1964  . . .

 a few more from that series, (and still not the complete set)
 including another 1964 cover with the Libyan flag (from that series) . . .
 then I 'discovered' another Mother's Day stamp from Egypt  (I didn't see this one when I was looking before) . . .

 and finally an Egyptian postcard sent in 1905 from South Africa to Chicago with an Edward VII Cape of Good Hope stamp.



This post is part of Viridian's Sunday Stamps which you can find here or by clicking on the icon below.
Thanks for visiting.

8 comments:

  1. The UAR flag stamps are very interesting but I suspect that the Edward VII Cape of Good Hope stamp is the best of the lot. I suspect it is quite valuable too. Don't lose that card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection. I have to say I’m rather taken by the one with the pyramids, but the Mother’s Day stamp is rather appealing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have a great selection there. I love those flags. Best of all though is the old postcard from Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your philatelic items! Vexillology galore - flags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is the old postcard and its stamp. I wonder why "Carte Postale" was crossed out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great postcard,and great stamps. Edward looks a bit grim.
    Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flag series, nice to have so many on one envelope, and I suspect addictive to try and get all the set. The Mothers Day stamp is rather cute.
    How great to have both the sender and recipient's address on the postcard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...