Monday, 14 November 2011

a rather precarious position . . .

for a birthday cake. I can only imagine that the photographer has placed it there to be in the best light and that it will soon be returned to a much safer and more central position on the table.  As for the year, it is 1933, and from another photo of the cake, I know that it is Joyce's birthday.  What I don't know is who Joyce is, although she may well be one of the girls in the other photos on these album pages, I'm not sure which one.

4 comments:

  1. This is where color photography would be very useful. I wonder what flavor it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's insane! just waiting for a passing child to create havoc. It actually looks a bit like a hat too... Quite a surreal photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps the photographer was holding the cake hostage, and the photo was to be included in the ransom note?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this capture! I wonder if it ever fell?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...