Saturday, 31 December 2011

Happy New Year!

Wishing all my blogging friends a very Happy and Healthy New Year. 
Thanks for your visits and comments, and for enjoying looking at all this old stuff with me.


How I wish in deed I could give you to-day,
Half of the good things I hope come your way;
But since I cannot, by this wee little line,
I send you kind greetings for dear "Auld Lang Syne"

I don't think the photo is actually a New Year celebration, but hey with all those empties they're surely having a good time.  Presumed 1950s, found photo.

The postcard was sent by Edie to Miss Gladys Lee who lived in Oswestry, Shropshire in 1912, so 99 years ago. 

Here's to another year of someone else's memories.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Years to you, Lisa! Yes, with all those empties I imagine it was quite boisterous there.

    Sorry to have missed your call. :-( The sad part was that I was at home, but I was vacuuming (hoovering?) with my headset on. Cleaning the house always ruins one's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a very happy and prosperous 2012!

    P.S. I can't believe Steven missed your call due to hoovering.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...