Sunday, 15 January 2012

Sunday Stamps

For this week's theme of food, I have chosen a cover with a food connection.  Issued in 1990 to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Penny Black, this cover was issued by Branston Pickle.  I imagine that we saved labels to send for this, although I don't remember exactly.


And on a different note, I am also posting this cover for the simple fact that there's a date connection (and usually I miss these).  January 15 1969 was the date of issue for the set British Ships and this cover features the Cutty Sark and was posted (or at least cancelled) on board .

I am participating in Viridian's Sunday Stamps, you can find this week's entries by clicking on the icon below.


Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

  1. I'm longing to see the Cutty Sark restored after the bad fire on board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw a cover with advertising like that. I wonder whether Cutty Sark Scotch could be considered a food too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (laughing at Postcardy's comment!!)
    Brilliant advertising for Branston's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm rather partial to Branston's Pickle, how did I miss saving labels:-) The cutty sark is a very attractive cover, love the cancel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very fond of Branston Pickle but I've never noticed any offers of this type. I wonder if it was a one-off. I need to pay more attention.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...