Sunday, 27 May 2012

Sunday Stamps - maps

For this week's theme of maps, I have Egyptian stamps, one from 1962 commemorating the Independence of Algeria.  The strip of stamps come from a cover sent from Egypt to East Germany, and the tape with Arabic on the right edge is where the envelope would've been opened  by a censor.



The next stamp from 1969 commemorates the centenary of the Suez Canal.


I'm participating in Viridian's Sunday Stamps, to visit this week's entries, please click on the icon below.   


 Thanks for visiting.

6 comments:

  1. You have a great set of stamps there. Maps and stamps on flags are my thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool! I iwll feature my stamps from Egypt for next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great stamps. The censor's tape certainly adds intrigue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two more stamps with maps that I have never seen. Both with unexpected topics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Sues Canal stamp is great! I don't think I have any stamps from Egypt. Thank you for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a strip of stamps whose subject, census mark and journey tells a whole lot about the era, and they are nice stamps too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...