Sunday, 10 February 2013

Sunday stamps



I've interpreted this week's Valentine theme quite broadly and chosen this booklet set of stamps, entitled 'Memories' which was issued January 28 1992, just in time for Valentine's Day.  It's not exactly a Valentine's set, but it does have a nostalgic, romantic style.


The stamps I have appear to have been cancelled to order and have a very nice Kings Cross cancellation.  It is very easy to miss the stamps issued in booklets, and I don't recall seeing any of these in use.
Below are the labels which came in the booklet along with the stamps.


I'm participating in Viridian's Sunday Stamps, click on the icon below to see this week's stamps.

Thanks for visiting.



7 comments:

  1. I agree! though those stamps didn't really show the symbol of lvoe,but it is indeed a symbol of being romantic.

    My Sunday Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely set! And King's Cross station makes me think of Harry Potter. :-)
    thank you for joining in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful set of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these stamps just ooze romance, way more than one might get from a bunch of hearts or
    'love' !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember this beautiful set and bought them myself. I just wish now that I hadn't used them all up sending them out on postcards. The little labels weren't a great deal of use though and I still have several left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen these before. I don't think I have ever bought a booklet with anything in it but the definitives with just the Queen's head.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...