Thursday, 23 May 2013

RIP


I used to enjoy flickr very much, viewing photostreams, participating in a diverse range of groups, seeing wonderful images, old and new, and appreciating the great community of friendly, helpful, very knowledgeable people. It was a joy, an inspiration.  Alas the powers that be at flickr have pulled the rug out from under everyone's feet, with changes which are imho awful.  I'm not the only one who thinks so, as when I last looked there were over 120 pages of feedback on the changes, over 97% is negative.
I'm removing the link to my flickrstream and will be moving to ipernity.com.  It'll take me some time as I reorganise.  I'm sorry that the flickr experience is being demolished.

6 comments:

  1. 214 pages :-(

    I've never seen so many negative comments...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. . . . and more and more every day . . .

      Delete
  2. I hate the incessant and ubiquitous need to upgrade all the time. I guess I'm the old-fashioned, stick-in-the-mud sort, but I liked things the way they were - it would really be too much to hope that they would stay that way, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find upgrades usually take a bit of getting used to and are usually not necessary in so far as they don't really improve the experience. But this one really defies all logic. Classic flickr worked. Now it's scrolling forever . . . :(

      Delete
  3. I didn't post on Flickr myself, but have a friend who posted extensively. I looked at his site, and you're right, it's a terrible mess, all jumbled together and unusable. No idea why Yahoo would have destroyed the website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone over there had a finger on the self-destruct button. I'm trying to have a few days off visiting flickr as the more I look, the more I find which just doesn't work any more. :(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...