Sunday, 23 June 2013

Sunday stamps

For this week's theme of 'churches, castles and fortifications', I decided to look through my 'accumulation' of Egyptian stamps for a stamp showing the Citadel in Cairo, which is the first stamp below, and then continuing with 'religious buildings', I found some more with mosques and minarets.


Cairo Citadel (wiki link)


Sultan Hassan mosque, Cairo (wiki link)
These were issued in 1953 and are part of a set with other images.
(click on the image to view large)

Then next views of minarets and mosques in Cairo, airmail issues.



I'm participating in Viridian's Sunday Stamps, click on the icon below to visit more entries this week.
Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

  1. I like the airmail issue of the 60 and 80. Captures the romance of the skyline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Middle East architecture has a unique attraction Fine group of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the last horizontal stamp is pretty impressive, i love oriental architecture

    ReplyDelete
  4. And why do you have this "accumulation" of Egyptian stamps! I feel jealous!

    I really love the colours of these stamps you posted today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The view through the window oping of the minarets of the airmail issues is my favourite.
    But I love domes and minarets of any types!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I don't think I have a single Egyptian stamp at all! Thanks for sharing yours here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great group of stamps! Sorry I am late commenting.
    thank you for joining us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...