Sunday, 21 July 2013

Sunday stamps

On Monday I got a stamp which would have been perfect for last week's theme of Presidents (and although I don't usually post new stamps, I'm making an exception and anyway there is an historical theme).  On another note, this post is my 1000th, so I'm pleased to have this stamp for the post.
So here it is, and as you will see I think it also fits with this week's theme of birth/marriage/death.


It was issued by Eire in June 2013 to commemorate the visit of President Kennedy to Ireland in June 1963.


Here's the link to the Irish Post website and the stamps - there's also a 60c.  

I'm participating in Viridian's Sunday stamps, see more of this week's entries by clicking the icon below.
Thanks for visiting.

13 comments:

  1. Its toughing stamp for the 50th anniversary, there were such crowds in Ireland at the time. Congratulations on your 1000th post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those designs. The monotone color looks a lot fresher than full color would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kennedy is one of my favorite US President. Congrat for reaching your 1000th posts!!!!! :)
    Thank you also for checking out my entry.I fixed the image,thanks for letting me know.

    Postage Journal: Sunday Stamps For Life Changing Event

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for entry. I hadn't realized it's been 50 years. I like the monotone color too. Makes you think. Viridian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 1000th. Great stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, beautiful stamp of a very much loved president. I remember the shock I got when I heard on TV he was heinously killed. He wanted to do the right thing for his country and the people.
    Congratulations on your 1000 post.That's an achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Lisa - something of a milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on 1000 posts! The stamp fits well for both weeks, doesn't it. I can hardly believe it's 50 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on the big 1000! curious for ireland to issue such a stamp, but then again kennedy was universally loved...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good work on reaching your 1,000th post. JFK is one of those figures who inspires fascination no matter how many decades pass.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for the congrats, for passing by and for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...