Sunday, 28 July 2013

Sunday stamps

For this week's theme of trees, I have this FDC from 1973 with the slogan, 'Plant a tree in 73'.  Although I like the slogan, the design of the FDC is not the most imaginative.



In 1974, there was a second stamp in the series, showing a horse chestnut tree (I will probably find that one in time for next week).  

Next these 2 stamps from the US which have trees prominent in the design.  'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' dates from 1974 and the 'First Civil Settlement Alta California' from 1977.


I'm participating in Viridian's Sunday Stamps, see more trees by clicking on the icon below.
Thanks for visiting.

9 comments:

  1. perhaps but i have seen much less imaginative FDCs too ;) the stamp is gorgeous! lush and green is the best way to go heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! That oak is the one I wanted to see. Hurry up and find the horse chestnut too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling I have this oak and horse chestnut, too .... somewhere?
    I like the Sleepy Hollow one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Sleepy Hollow stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was trying to find that oak but no luck. I was probably looking for the wrong thing because I thought it was a set. I think it's a lovely stamp even if the cover could have been better. I like the American stamps too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had in my mind a set of 4 trees on an FDC but I couldn't find it, so I thought I had got it wrong in my mind. It will probably come to light when I'm looking for something else :)

      Delete
  6. I'd forgotten that slogan until now. That's a wonderful stamp of the oak. I hope you find the Horse Chestnut too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The oak tree stamp is lovely. Great to see this from GB. Thank you for participating !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the stamp from California. It is so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...