Sunday, 1 September 2013

Sunday stamps

In Egypt, January 2nd is Post Day, and it appears that most years stamps are issued on this day, so I had quite a few to choose from for this week's theme of 'Post'.
This mini-sheet was issued in 1966 to commemorate the centenary of the first Egyptian stamp.


This stamp (and FDC) are from Post Day 1985.  The stamp depicts the Pharaoh receiving a letter and the Postal Museum in Cairo.



Finally a set of two stamps from 1977, issued on 12th April, for the 25th Anniversary of the Arab Postal Union.


I'm joining Viridian's Sunday stamps, clicking the icon below will take you there.
Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

  1. I like the one with the pharaoh receiving a mail.

    I also posted a stamp commemorating the Arab Post Day, but it's from Tunisia. Nice to see those 2 from Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Arabic writing on the postmark and the first stamps look very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never thought of a pharaoh receiving a letter before now, I don't know why. Neat idea for a stamp. Love those circles of flags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what the Pharoah's letter was written on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the circle of curving flags of all the nations. Neat. Thank you for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like specially the first and the last set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last set is my favourite; I just hope the Pharoah's letter was not on stone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...