Sunday, 6 October 2013

Sunday stamps

I'm back into my accumulation of Egyptian stamps and covers for this week's theme of industry. This set on the FDC are for transportation and communication, which broadly speaking can fit with an industrial theme, and were issued on 23 July 1959 to commemorate 7 years since the revolution of 1952 (when King Farouk was overthrown). 


A keen eye will notice the typo on the FDC, which was probably quite common and most likely doesn't increase the value at all.


I like the design of the special first day cancellation, V in Arabic is the number 7.


I'm participating in Viridian's Sunday stamps, for more stamps click the icon below.
Thanks for visiting.


12 comments:

  1. Love this fdc! From the colours and number of stamps to that special cancellation, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When they refer to our numbers as being from Arabic I'd assumed they would be the same, now I know different, I'll have to look closer at stamps. I like how they have used different block colours for each stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool set of stamps!!! Sure they fit the theme.
    Thank you for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im still trying to figure out the typo...don't wanna blame it on my overall tiredness :)

    really great FDC and stamps though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the typo is one of those that isn't always immediately noticed because one knows what it should say, and so it is read as if it were correct . . . 'firt day of issue'.

      Delete
  5. Very attractive and interesting too. I always feel I'd like to learn some basic Arabic just so I could decipher some of these things but it looks altogether too difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The overall design of the cover with stamps is attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And once again Lisa, you made me envious with your Egyptian stamps. I'm still not lucky to get a postcard with stamps from Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design for all the stamps and so colourful, especially when they are seen together like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Industry is one of the themes that I collect ... Egypt has large emissions of this theme in the 50s and 60s, as well as Brazil and many countries that have strong momentum in the heavy and chemical industry. This FDC is undoubtedly a great example of this era. Congratulations on your nice blog! Greetings from Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi João, thanks for visiting and thanks for leaving a comment. I agree, the cover and design are very much of the era.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...