Sunday, 1 December 2013

Sunday stamps

It may look like I'm getting the Christmas stamps started a week early, but these stamps from Malta from 1967 and 1968 were perfect for the 'unusually-shaped' theme.


I'm not sure how these 'stable-shaped' stamps were arranged on a sheet, I think it might work with the second row of stamps inverted.


As for size, the Soviet Union often issued large stamps, these 2 are from 1987 from a set to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the revolution.


I'm participating in Viridian's Sunday Stamps, clicking the icon below will take you there.
Thanks for visiting.



10 comments:

  1. That 'stable' shape I think beautiful! At first sight my thought about this shape is 'home'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malta seem fond of using dark colours on stamps like the distinctive first set you show. Love those 'stable' stamps, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the CCCP, I do remember. I like the stable shaped stamps too - great designs for their time. Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the Malta stamps and I hadn't seeb those form Russia either

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Malta stamps are lovely. I haven't seen too many from there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right: the Maltese stamps have a very different form! I like the designs, thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stamps from Malta really are most unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never knew there was such variety. I am only now paying attention to stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent blog, congratulations.
    I did not know these stamps from Malta ... I may be wrong, but I think the design is inspired by Byzantine art and 40s murals... I liked it, thanks for posting.
    Greetings from Brazil!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joao, thanks for commenting and for this information.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...