Sunday, 15 December 2013

Sunday stamps

Some more Christmas mail, this time aerogrammes from 1968 and 1969.  I confess that I have never bought or written an aerogramme.





Then this FDC is of the 1977 Xmas set of the 12 days of Christmas (which Bob showed last week), the person who sent this one went to a lot of trouble to make it that little bit different by using pairs of stamps.


I'm participating in Viridian's Sunday stamps, clicking the icon below will take you there.
Thanks for visiting.



8 comments:

  1. I remember sending and receiving aerogramme, but not for decades, so it was nice to see some here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny - I just read Joy's post and she also mentions aerogrammes! I have sent and received many, but not so many decorated ones. I really like the 1969 one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stamps!
    As I love rubber stamps, the huge amount of date stamps on the first envelope makes me smile happily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get never tired to see those 12 days of Christmas stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don;t think we have ever received an aerogramme and definitely have never sent one - they look quite effective,
    Someone went to a lot of trouble with the FDC using the twelve days of Christmas set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been a long time since I have seen an aerogramme or airmail letter here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was brought up abroad so the arrival of aerogrammes were an important part of our life. I don't recall any such decorative ones though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The air letters are pretty. I remember aerogramme from college in the early 70s. Lived in an International House student program. Saw many come in the post for students. They always put a smile on their face to hear from home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...