Sunday, 6 April 2014

Sunday stamps



Years ago I remember being quite pleased to have added these DDR stamps from the 1970s to my collection. I scanned them recently thinking there'd be a theme which they suited. So it is that I'm posting them today and have only just taken any notice of the wording - Internationale Leipziger Rauchwarenauktion - which translates to 'Leipzig International Fur Auction'.  How awful!

I'm participating in Viridian's Sunday Stamps - clicking on the icon below will take you there.
Thanks for visiting.

9 comments:

  1. Nice stamps until I read the caption!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rabbit looks so cute, and its shape is ideal for the shape of the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Translating the wording certainly puts a different perspective on them. I've had something similar in the past from Eastern Europe when looking at cute animals it turns out they were something to do with hunting

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are most lovely and quite colorful stamps, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How distressing - especially for the cute fur bearing creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are beautiful illustrations, despite of the theme. I love these vintage designs. Also nowadays I don't always agree with the theme of stamps, even in my country...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fur auction. How sad. People still wearing furs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes people are still wearing furs. A sad theme but good stamps.
    Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how looks can be deceiving..! its hard to say how much one likes them considering what they promote :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...