Sunday, 6 July 2014

Sunday stamps

Sport as a theme provides plenty of choices, so here goes - firstly a GB fdc from 10 October 1980, the cover design is not particularly 'interesting', the logo is probably 'of its time', the stamps themselves remind me a little of Ladybird book illustrations (for anyone not familiar with Ladybird books, here's the wiki link, they are very much a part of childhood and social history in the UK and known for their images and covers, a google search for 'Ladybird books images' is a nice trip down memory lane).




Then I found a couple of stamps from the Isle of Man . . .



. . . and finally a stamp for the 1982 World Cup in Spain issued by Czechoslovakia.


I'm participating in Viridian's Sunday Stamps, clicking the icon below will take you there.
Thanks for visiting.

6 comments:

  1. I like that GB set which I had not seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorites are the Isle of Man stamps.

    I hadn't heard of Ladybird books before. I see the pictures are available as prints. They would make food postcards--I wonder whether there are postcards of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last stamp is my favorite. Interesting artwork giving the idea of movement I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the GB set, it seems to depict the movement really well

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the GB set is definitely of its time. Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the last stamp. I remember that World Cup in Spain, but in 1982 I was too young to think of stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...