Sunday, 13 July 2014

Sunday stamps

Some landscapes to savour . . . .
firstly an fdc from 24 June 1981 with areas of natural beauty cared for by the National Trust . . . the designs remind me of the travel posters of the 1920s and early 1930s.







Next a cover from the Isle of Man issued in 1980 connected with Rotary International, I'd been looking for a stone circle stamp for the summer solstice, so obviously I found one a couple of weeks later :).



I'm participating in Viridian's Sunday Stamps, clicking the icon below will take you there.
Thanks for visiting.

9 comments:

  1. My favourte location for stone circles are ones with mountain views. The St Kilda stamp of the National Trust is very atmospheric with the big sky and sharp waves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I posted a FDC of the National Trust Stamps in 2012, but I think they are not as good as that stone circle from the Isle of Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a vague memory of seeing them on Sunday stamps, but couldn't remember exactly if I had or if so where, and thought I may have seen a PHQ card on Sheila's blog.

      Delete
  3. I like the way the Queen's head is positioned on the Welsh stamp to be looking out over the cliffs (probably not intended...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. eye-catching uk set, esp the 1st scottish one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the style of the first set. And the stone circle is wonderful. We don't have them in USA so it's a strange feeling to visit one, as I did one time, even at high noon. thank you for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These make me want to travel to Wales and Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All are great, but the Island of Man is my favourite, cant explain why though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stamps. I once met a man from the Isle of Man (sorry) here in the states, who ended up working here somehow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...