Sunday, 2 November 2014

Sunday stamps

For this week's free theme, I have a stamp featuring Anubis, the jackal-headed god of Ancient Egypt who possessed the ability to pass between this world and the next.  On this stamp he is commemorating Post Day in 1967, maybe he was able to exert a protective influence on mail sent that year.



This next one I recalled seeing (whilst looking for professions), and managed to re-find it this week, and what made me think of it, was Bob wondering last week if anyone would have a stamp for a philatelist - this one has the hand (and stamp album) of a philatelist, but I didn't think to post it (unintentional pun) for last week. 


I'm participating in Viridian's Sunday Stamps, clicking the icon below will take you there.
Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

  1. I'm always rather envious of countries that have Post Days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stamps--my favorite topic. I have philatelic stamps this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your second stamp! Hard to make a living as a philatetist except as a reseller of stamps.
    Thank you for participating this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the philatelist. You and Postcardy have made my wish come true.. Anubis is an image that I always recognise.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...