Sunday, 23 November 2014

Sunday stamps



Furniture proved not such an easy theme to find, but I did uncover these (still on paper) which are quite a bit more modern than my usual postings on this blog.
The first stamp is one of the Lord of the Rings series from 2004.  I remember buying loads of these at the time, and I used them all.  I think this one qualifies for the theme as you can (just about) see a table and a chair inside the Hobbit's house.
The next stamps are from the US issued in 2008, part of the Eames series, the house of cards stamp, doesn't really qualify for the theme, but it was too nice not to be included.

I'm participating in Viridian's Sunday Stamps, clicking the icon below will take you there.
Thanks for visiting.


7 comments:

  1. You found interesting stamps for a difficult theme! I agree with you: the house of cards stamp is worth showing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are new to me. Great Tolkien stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have missed the Lord of the Rings issue, who could not love a Hobbit house, and its furniture. The US stamps do like nice together so I'm glad you included them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Tolkien's works and it might be time to read them again. that door looks very large, given the size of the hobbit!

    Thank you for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three beautiful stamps!
    I've read The Hobbit in my teens, and I had a total different image of the Hobbits house (much smaller :-) ) and the Hobbit himself, so this stamp's pictures blows a fresh wind in my mind!
    The Eames stamps are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recognized The Lord of the Rings stamp immediately! LOVE the books, love the movies and now love the stamps lol I always wanted to live in a Hobbit's house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Lord of the Rings stamp. Such a great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...