Sunday, 1 February 2015

Sunday stamps II 7

For this week's theme of water, I have several covers with cancellations/slogans.
Firstly from 1971 a Maritime Mail cancel on an envelope addressed to the Metropolitan Water Board. Perhaps the sender went off to sea and then remembered an unpaid water rates bill. The airmail envelope just adds another unanswerable question to the mystery.


Next a selection of covers/cancels promoting Ports - Port of London, Dover, Manchester and Portsmouth and Southsea.






I'm linking with Sunday Stamps II hosted by Violet Sky at 'See it on a Postcard'.  Head on over there for more stamps and mail.
Thanks for visiting.

9 comments:

  1. I love this original approach to the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ports are fascinating places and I've made a few journeys in the past from the ones you show, apart from Manchester which of course is more of historic interest. Nice collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Novel theme - one I have never considered but then we rarely if ever get stamps on letters any more as more and more envelopes are franked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love postmarks, and am happy to see this collection you choose to share. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love your unique approach...and you are actually so lucky to have all these postmarks...I rarely get to see such themed postmarks on my mail nowadays

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever take on water-theme. Really nice and unique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this post - I would never have thought of including cancellations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was expecting to see water...love your play on words (and your sense of humor)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very glad you included Dover - I can see the ships going in and out (and past) from my window :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...